Getting your kids ready for school can be fun! This project is a great way to both organize a room and allow your child/teen to express their individual style (as well as keeping things off the floor too!)
– Command™ Large Picture Hanging Strips
– Command™ Perfectly Pink Hooks
– Command™ Glamorous Green Clear Hooks
– Command™ Purely Purple Small Wire Hooks
(Command Hooks in various colors and sizes)
– Full length mirror
– Lots of stuff to organize!
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Clean the door surface with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Depending on the weight of the mirror, determine how many Command™ Large Picture Hanging Strips you’ll need, per the recommendations on the packaging. For example, 4 large Picture Hanging Strips can hold up to 16 pounds.
2. Depending on the weight of the mirror, determine how many Command™ Large Picture Hanging Strips you’ll need, per the recommendations on the packaging. For example, 4 large Picture Hanging Strips can hold up to 16 pounds.
3. Remove the Command™ Large Picture Hanging Strips from the package and separate each strip. To form a set, connect two strips together until you hear a click. Remove one green liner and position one set of strips on the back of the frame. Press the strip firmly against the back of the frame. Repeat with the remaining strips needed to hang the mirror. Remove the remaining green liner(s) from the strips adhered to the back of the mirror. Remove the mirror by grabbing at the bottom corners and pulling up and out towards you. Wait one hour before re-mounting the mirror on the door. Press fasteners firmly together until they click.
4. Clean the surface with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Choose your favorite colored hooks and gather all the items you want to hang. Plan your layout based on how much space each item requires.
TIP: Lay the door flat on the floor and arrange hooks in different layouts to find the one you like the best.
5. Take the hooks and adhesive strips out of the packaging, and detach the strips from one another. Remove black “wall side” liner and apply strip to the desired location on the door. Press firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds.
6. Remove blue liner, and apply the hook to the adhesive strip. Make sure the tab is accessible at the bottom of the hook for future removal.
7. Press firmly along the entire hook for 30 seconds. Wait one hour before use. Repeat steps 4-6 for each of the hooks you put on your door.
8. Start organizing! Hang your coats, hats, jewelry and other items on the door, making sure you follow the weight recommendations for each hook!