– Command™ Picture Hanging Strips
– Framed Pictures
– Construction/art paper
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. On the floor in front of the empty wall space, lay down your frames in the pattern you’d like on your wall.
Create paper templates of each frame by tracing the outline onto paper and cutting out. Hang in the desired pattern using ScotchBlue™ Painter's Tape. To help you remember the frame layout, write a brief description of each image on the paper templates. Stand back and admire; I left mine up for a week before I continued with the project.
2. Once satisfied with your layout, clean your wall surface with isopropyl rubbing alcohol along the edge of each paper template where your frame will go. Follow the wall preparation steps as per the package instructions - no household cleaning products.
Attach Command™ Picture Hanging Strips to the back of your frame. Follow package instructions for strip placement and weight recommendations. To make a set, pull apart the strips and place two together until you hear them click. Remove one liner and place on your frame pressing firmly to ensure the adhesive holds firm. Do this for all the strips for your frame. Then remove the second slide liners and press the frame on the wall for 30 seconds.
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims; for example 2 large sets of Picture Hanging Strips can hold 8 pounds. In this example, the narrow strips were used.
3. Remove the frame by slowly peeling it up from the bottom. Firmly press on all strips for 30 seconds each.
4. Repeat the pattern for your remaining frames, starting with a middle picture and working your way out following your pre-planned pattern. If you have a partner, you can have them hold a level to ensure your lines are straight.
5. Wait one hour to re-mount the frames by pressing the strips together until they click. If a frame is not level, reposition.