Create a fun gallery wall for the kitchen by hanging up decorative cutting boards, muffin tins, and pie pans with damage-free Command™ Products. Forget about nails, screws or tacks - Command™ Products are easy to apply and remove, giving you the freedom to decorate all areas of your home!
– Command™ Picture Hanging Strips
– Decorative cutting boards and tin muffin pan not to exceed 2 pounds – this project
uses three cutting boards and one tin muffin pan - NOTE: Be sure the cutting boards
have a hole to hang the board from. Otherwise, you can create one using a drill.
– Tin pie pan not to exceed 3 pounds – this project uses one pan
– Spool of leather or suede string
– Additional decorative accessories – this project uses a lightweight wooden box,
decorative tin, wooden spoon, tea towels, etc.
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Gather the cutting boards, pans and kitchen utensils to create your kitchen-themed gallery wall. Plan your layout by arranging the items on the floor in front of the wall. Clean the wall surface with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
2. To add string to each cutting board for easy hanging, use scissors to cut a piece of string from the spool, approximately 5 inches long. Cut enough pieces to hang each of your decorative kitchen cutting boards as well as additional decorative kitchen utensils. This project uses 5 pieces of leather string total.
3. Thread the string through the hole on the board and secure it with a tight knot. Repeat for each item you will hang using the leather strings. Remove the Command™ Large Clear Hooks from the packaging and separate the adhesive strips from each other.
4. To adhere the first hook, remove the black “wall side” liner from the adhesive strip, and apply the strip to the desired location on the wall, pressing firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds. Then, remove the blue liner and apply the hook to the adhesive strip, making sure the tab is accessible for future removal. Press firmly along the entire hook for 30 seconds. Wait one hour, then hang the cutting board from the string on the hook.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 to hang the remaining cutting boards, muffin tin pan and lightweight wooden box.
NOTE: The weight of each item hung using Command™ Large Clear Hooks should not exceed 2 pounds.
6. To mount the tin pie pan, first remove the Command™ Medium Picture Hanging Strips from the packaging and separate each strip. To form a set, connect two strips together until you hear a click. Remove one green liner and position one set of strips on the back of the pan. Press the strip firmly against the back of the pan. Repeat with the remaining strips needed, depending on the weight of the pan.
NOTE: This project uses one set of strips.
7. Remove the remaining green liner from the strip adhered to the back of the pan. Position the pan on the wall, and press the front of the pan against the wall for 30 seconds. Remove the pan by grabbing at the bottom and pulling up and out towards you. Press firmly along all three areas of the strip for 30 seconds and wait one hour before remounting the pan on the wall.
8. Place complementary, decorative kitchen items around the gallery wall for additional decor.